Monday, June 28, 2021
Sunday, June 27, 2021
Friday, June 25, 2021
Tuesday, June 22, 2021
Saturday, June 19, 2021
Thursday, June 17, 2021
2021 GMC Sierra Offers More Innovative Trailering Tech as Americans Continue to Hit the Road for Outdoor Adventures
Jack-Knife Alert, Trailer Length Indicator and enhanced Rear Trailer View join existing available camera technology on GMC Sierra 1500 and Sierra Heavy Duty to help drivers tow like a pro
DETROIT – At a time when towing is on the rise, the 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 and Sierra Heavy Duty will offer several new available features that build on the trucks’ strong suite of customer-focused trailering technologies.
“Trailering is essential for pickup truck customers. More than half of our Sierra customers use their trucks to primarily tow equipment for outdoor adventures,” said GMC Marketing Director Rich Latek. “We continually listen to customer feedback, which tells us they want class-leading safety, technology and comfort to tow what they need, whether it’s a boat, an RV or a trailer hauling off-road toys.”
These updates arrive as an ever-growing number of Americans are turning to outdoor activities that require a trailer. In a recent study, the RV Industry Association found that more than 46 million Americans are planning to take an RV trip in the next year. As a result, shipments of RVs have been increasing this summer and towable RVs make up about 90 percent of those sales.1
New or enhanced trailering tech available on both 2021 GMC Sierra light-duty and heavy-duty models includes:
Trailer Length Indicator: New for 2021, when enabled and driving forward with the turn signal activated, the center console screen displays a red overlay twice the length of the compatible trailer and shows when other vehicles are present and may interfere with a lane-change maneuver.
Jack-Knife Alert: New for 2021, Jack-Knife Alert tracks the position of the compatible trailer in relation to the vehicle. If the front of the trailer approaches the rear of the vehicle, an alert is displayed when there may be a potential jack-knife situation.
Rear Trailer View now features guidelines and Trailer-Angle Indicator: Rear Trailer View has been enhanced to include guidelines that assist when backing a trailer into place and a Trailer-Angle Indicator to show the relationship between the truck and compatible trailer. Rear Trailer View requires the customer-installed available GM auxiliary accessory camera.
Rear Side View enhancement: When driving forward on the 2020 GMC Sierra, Rear Side View provides a split view of the left and right sides of the truck and compatible trailer that is automatically biased based on the trailer’s angle. In the 2021 GMC Sierra, drivers will have access to this view while driving in reverse, making it easier to see surrounding vehicles and objects while positioning a trailer.
Cargo Bed View enhancement: New Cargo Bed Zoom View and Bed Hitch Guidance are now available, which can be helpful for aligning and hooking up a gooseneck/fifth-wheel trailer.
Select trailering features require a conventional-hitched box or camping trailer and additional setup may be required. Customers can see their dealers for full details.
Additional updates for 2021 GMC Sierra 1500
- Other additions to the 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 include increased availability of the MultiPro Tailgate on SLE and Elevation trims, as well as a new selection of colors. New available features on the GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 include 20-inch Goodyear Wrangler Territory tires and an off-road high-clearance step.
- The available 3.0L Duramax Turbo-Diesel, which provides an ideal balance of performance and efficiency with 460 lb-ft of torque and best-in-class horsepower while offering up to an EPA-estimated 30 mpg on the highway, is a popular choice for GMC Sierra customers. For 2021, the MSRP of the popular engine will be reduced by $1,500, placing it at $995 MSRP above the Sierra 1500’s 5.3L V-8 with Dynamic Fuel Management.
- Additional updates for 2021 GMC Sierra Heavy Duty
- New additions to the 2021 GMC Sierra Heavy Duty include enhancements to the trucks’ popular premium trims. HD Surround Vision and Bed View camera technology are now standard on Denali. The new Sierra HD Denali Black Diamond Edition will have several unique features, including exclusive 20-inch high-gloss black wheels and new power-retractable assist steps.
- Similar to the Sierra 1500, the Sierra Heavy Duty AT4 will now have available 18-inch Mud Terrain tires and an available off-road high clearance step accessory.
- Other additions to Sierra HD include the MultiPro Tailgate standard on SLE and three new colors.
1 Source: RV Industry Association, https://www.rvia.org/reports-trends
With a strong foundation of manufacturing trucks since 1902 and now selling in a dozen countries across the world, GMC offers purpose-built vehicles designed and engineered to the highest standard. From the all-new compact SUV Terrain to the Sierra HD, our trucks and crossovers deliver GMC’s signature combination of intuitive technologies and premium execution, with the popular Denali sub-brand representing the pinnacle of GMC design, performance and amenities. Details on all GMC models are available at www.gmc.com, on Twitter at @GMC or at www.facebook.com/gmc.
Tuesday, June 15, 2021
Saturday, June 12, 2021
The CURT 5th wheel line offers a range of weight capacities, mounting options, and more OEM puck system products than anyone else on the market.
Each 5th wheel fits into one of three categories based on features, design and quality: the A-series, Q-series, and E-series. All 5th wheels are available with legs, base rails, rollers, OEM legs and OEM roller adapters
Friday, June 11, 2021
Tuesday, June 8, 2021
Monday, June 7, 2021
WHAT IS A DIESEL ROTARY SCREW AIR COMPRESSOR?
A diesel rotary screw air compressor is an air compressor fueled by diesel that uses rotors to compress air. Diesel air compressors allow operators to generate compressed air on demand for powering tools and equipment.
Saturday, June 5, 2021
Wednesday, June 2, 2021
The Pickup Pack™ is a unique alternative for those needing organized storage and lockup security without the cost of a service body and that can be easily installed on your pickup in a few hours.
Pickup Packs™ include a headache rack, two lockable low side boxes, a flat or dome center hatch, and a removable ladder rack. Other options include gullwing saddle box and an HPI Truckslide™.
Learn more at http://www.highwayproducts.com/pickup...