New lighter co-polymer roll-up door is 100-percent recyclable.
Marion, OH (October 2016) – TODCO, Transportation Division of Overhead Door Corporation, introduces WeatherTite™ Pro, the next generation weather-resistant roll-up door for trailer and truck body applications. WeatherTite Pro improves upon the proven TODCO WeatherTite™ door that eliminated the problems of swelling, warping, finish delamination and rotting experienced with wood roll-up doors when it was introduced 15 years ago. WeatherTite Pro takes these benefits to a new level, utilizing 100 percent recyclable and highly engineered co-polymer panels that dramatically reduce weight and improve heat tolerance.
A WeatherTite Pro panel weighs 25 percent less than standard WeatherTite panels and 37 percent less than ¾”wood and ¼” plate-style panels, increasing payload potential. The lighter door weight will also allow the option of installing a long-life counterbalance spring that reduces costly downtime and maintenance costs.
Results of ASTM D648 Heat Deflection Testing at 66 psi conducted by TODCO shows WeatherTite Pro has a 23 percent higher heat tolerance than standard WeatherTite panels, reducing the opportunity for warpage in hotter climates.
Additional features of WeatherTite Pro include:
• Improved impact resistance
• Smooth panel surface – Allows for an automotive quality paint finish and excellent decal adhesion
• Automotive grade UV stability and finish color
• Anti-Pinch Panel Joint – Eliminates pinch point at panel joint to improve safety and reduce injuries and workmen’s compensation costs
• Anti-Drip Design – Prevents water from the exterior of the door from dripping between panels onto cargo when in operation and moving through the radius
• Interchangeable with current WeatherTite panels
• Available with 1” or 2” track and rollers
• 10-Year limited warranty
The list of available options includes 1” and 2” SupeRollers™ that have been tested to last up 5X longer than standard steel rollers and EZ Seals™, dual durometer side seals that reduce seal installation time by 50% compared to rubber seals.
The WeatherTite Pro roll-up door was previewed at this year’s NTEA Work Truck Show, ATA’s Technology and Maintenance Council Annual Meeting and Transportation Technology Exhibition, and Truck World in Canada.
Headquartered in Marion, Ohio, TODCO manufactures and services roll up doors, swing doors and walkramps for the trucking industry. The company maintains manufacturing plants in Marion, Ohio and Tecate, Mexico. For more information, go to www.todco.com.
Post a Comment