CURT CrossWing™ Lightweight 5th Wheel Hitch | Features & Benefits
The CrossWing™ 5th wheel hitch #16600 by CURT gives you the best of both worlds by packing extraordinary strength into one lightweight hitch. With the main body weight of only 60 pounds, it is 65% lighter than most traditional 5th wheel hitches while still offering a 20,000 lb. weight capacity, so strength and muscle are not sacrificed.
Its patent-pending ShockDrop technology provides a smoother towing experience by reducing jerking and jarring, and its structure allows fore, aft and lateral head articulation when connecting on uneven terrain, so you can be comfortable and confident in your ride no matter what type of rugged roads you encounter.
The CrossWing™ also features a reinforced head connection point that provides exceptional strength, along with a unique coupling system that eliminates guesswork by offering a visible contact surface.
Features and benefits of the CURT CrossWing™ lightweight 5th wheel hitch:
- Premium steel construction offers robust 20,000-lb. capacity
- Features patent-pending ShockDrop technology to reduce jerking and jarring
- Reinforced head connection point for superior strength and peace of mind
- Easy, one-person installation and removal (fits industry-standard rails)
- 65% lighter than most traditional 5th wheel hitches (main body weighs 60 lbs.)
- Unique coupling system eliminates guesswork by offering visible contact surface
- Head channel guides kingpin into place for easier hookup
- Allows fore, aft and lateral head articulation when connecting on uneven terrain
- Easy-to-reach release handle for ergonomic operation
- Three points of height adjustment from 16-3/8" to 20-3/8"
- Coupling point offset 5" rearward for added turning clearance
- Premium, carbide textured black finish for lasting rust resistance
- High-grade steel design for added strength vs. aluminum
- Tested for safety in accordance with SAE J2638